Thursday 8 November 2012

Book Review

Books on How to be Successful


Very many of my readers orginally found this blog because they were looking for ways to be more successful.  For my November Book Review I have therefore focused entirely on books that are aimed at exactly that - how to become more successful.  And I believe the authors I have chosen are amongst the most qualified to help us all achieve this.

Click on the title of any book that particularly interests you and you can buy it right away from Amazon.

For my UK readers, or anyone who wants to pay in pounds sterling or have the booked shipped from the UK, click on the "UK Link" right at the end of each review.

The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be


by

Jack Canfield & Janet Switzer


"Jack Canfield and Janet Switzer have created something different in the self-help literature - a compendium of the principles that have stood the test of time.  The book is organized in several sections to make these references easier to follow.  The authors also provide many free tools to help you succeed.  If you have already read much of the success literature, you probably think this book isn't for you. I beg to differ. Seeing so many good ideas in one book will help you weld together good habits and actions in even more constructive ways."

-    Donald Mitchell


"If you want to be truly succesful in this life, you need to read this book. It gives you the proper information to succeed. It touches on principles such as time management, money, goal-setting, creating successful relationships and so on. If you follow these principles you will literally transform yourself into a success.
This book gives you valuable information on finances. Money isn't everything, but it can make your life a little easier and this book will show you how to earn more, spend less, and give away while still being prosper.
If you apply these principles to your life, you will see and feel changes for the better. I have applied the recommendations on managing my time and I already see the benefits of a more successful life. I highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to transform their life into a success."

-    Rob P


"As an Author, Coach, and Motivational Speaker I read a lot of books about people, their motivations, and their relationships. The Success Principles is an outstanding example of an educational, inspirational, and motivational guide to success. I love the stories of the people Jack and Janet chose to interview to model the principles. The Success Principles is an excellent book and I give it an A+.
"

-    Kevin A. Decker

If you want to get a flavour of Jack Canfield's message without buying this book you can tell his organisation you would like a free coaching call (not one to one, I should add!) and you can listen to him for 70 minutes without spending a dime!  Click here to book this free coaching call.


The Law of Success: The Master Wealth-Builder's Complete and Original Lesson Plan forAchieving Your Dreams


by

Napoleon Hill


This may be a very old text on the subject, but it is as relevant today as it was when Napoleon Hill wrote it, and it forms the basis of many of the success systems marketed today.  Here is your chance to get it from the horse's mouth!


"By applying many of the 16 fundamentals of the Law of Success philosophy we have built a great chain of successful stores. I presume it would be no exaggeration of fact if I said that the Woolworth Building might properly be called a monument to the soundness of these principles."

-    F. W. Woolworth (Yes, THE Woolworth!)


"I have now had an opportunity to finish reading your Law of Success textbooks, and I wish to express my appreciation of the splendid work you have done in this philosophy. It would be helpful if every politician in the country would assimilate and apply the 16 principles upon which the Law of Success is based. It contains some very fine material which every leader in every walk of life should understand."

-    William H. Taft, Former President of the United States and Chief Justice


The above two reviews were, of course, written many decades ago.  But the next one was written in September 2012:


"This is one of those wonderful life-companion books that will be forever at my bedside table.

It is beautifully bound and typeset, and knowing that the words are direct from from the pen of Napoleon Hill gives it an uncanny presence. But it is the content that is the real kicker here. There is no "secret" here, this is the success teachings from which all others stem, written in superbly articulated, engaging and vivid language that feels more like the memory of a recent personal conversation than lessons of life. Don't wait, get it!"

-    W Sitte (Brisbane, Australia)


The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams


by

Deepak Chopra


"No matter your station in life, this quick-but-poignant read should be considered required reading for all. I make a point of re-reading it almost weekly, and have bought copies for my grandkids to do the same. Regardless of your particular belief system, the message is generic, pure, and enlightening. Great job as usual, Dr. C!"

-    Harold Smith (Bedford, Texas, US)


"I used to not read Chopra, his belief system in my mind was opposed to mind (closed minded, I know).

Then I heard him interviewed by Anthony Robbins and his medical discussion along with spirit blew me away.

I have shared with 1000s of people one thing he said, "We have 60,000 thoughts a day." He went on to share that many people have 95% of the same thoughts the next day.

The statement revolutionized my life and thinking.

Then I read "Do You" by Russell Simmons and he said he gives The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success to all his staff. So I picked it up; and am glad I did.

His discussion about state of mind, gratitude and giving is filled with wisdom. Here is where I appreciate Chopra, he believes people are meant to fulfill their dreams. He believes God has placed us here to be happy, and that there is enough for everyone. I now have several of his books.

Turns out he and I are not so far about in what we believe. "

-    Tobin B. Crenshaw (Canton, OH)


"Love love love this book! Just what I needed.... I recommend this to all. I feel more at peace. It is as though I have connected myself to what I have always known. Read it!"

-    E Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment